If you’ve got time for lunch, you’ve got time for Lunch n Learn! Solana Center can come to your office or present virtually on a number of fun and informative topics at your office.
Lunch n Learn Topics
- Backyard Composting: Learn the basics of traditional backyard composting. Compost, a nutrient-rich soil amendment, is the cornerstone to a great garden. Our experienced educators prepare participants to start traditional static composting using trial-tested advice and demonstrations.
- Vermicomposting "Worminar": Learn the basics of vermicomposting (worm composting). Using trial-tested advice and demonstrations, experienced educators prepare participants to begin vermicomposting food scraps right away.
- Backyard Composting & Intro to Bokashi: It’s not a new dance craze – it’s an innovative method for composting food scraps, including dairy and meats! Learn the basics of backyard composting and get an introduction to Bokashi - an easy way to compost all your food waste.
Zero Waste & Sustainability
- Achieving Your Zero Waste Potential: Confused about Zero Waste? What can and can't be recycled? Learn the basics of waste reduction, why it's important, and how to keep at it even with our changing circumstances. We dive into the concepts of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Participants learn practical tools to start reducing waste today.
- Zero Waste Office: Basic and advanced webinars are available. Includes explanations and practical tips to prevent waste, recycle properly, manage food services, and procure environmentally sustainable supplies.
- Procurement Policies: Looking Upstream - Office and city administrators learn about state regulations and sources for environmentally preferable supplies and materials. Reporting requirements are also addressed.
All About Water
- Protecting, Conserve, & Capture: Learn about storm water pollution, how rainwater catchment strategies can help, how to utilize greywater, and other water storage tips.
- Smart Ways to Fight Food Waste: Learn practical solutions to reduce food waste in your home. We share how incorporating these solutions into daily life help the environment and save money.
- Food Waste Prevention for Businesses: Businesses learn practical tactics to save money, leverage tax incentives, and stay compliant with current and upcoming regulations.
- Food Waste Prevention for Grocers: Content focuses on how grocery stores, as Tier 1 generators, can divert food to its highest and best use while saving money and staying compliant with regulations.
- Food Waste Prevention for Commercial Kitchens: Restaurants and others glean strategies to reduce waste, save money, and get ahead of state regulations.
- Talking Birds and Bees: Celebrate nature and learn how to create a vibrant pollinator garden
- Bounty in a Small Space: Find opportunity in limited areas with container gardening
- Low Water Landscaping: Learn how to create a less thirsty and environmentally friendly landscape!