Click to read our Rain Barrel FAQ to make sure rain barrels are right for your home.
Rain Barrel Webinar and Free Barrel for Unincorporated County Residents
All webinar spots and barrels have now been claimed. You can sign up for the waitlist and will be notified when space becomes available. Program available to unincorporated County residents only. Click below to check your address and proceed to waitlist entry.
Purchase Rain Barrels
Start capturing rain water now! By using a rain barrel, San Diegans can collect water for later use, reduce runoff to the ocean and save money on their water bill. Reducing runoff from driveways, streets, and sidewalks also keeps harmful pollutants from reaching beaches and waterways. Instead we can redirect fresh rain water to our plants that need it most.
Just one inch of rain yields 600 gallons per 1000 sq. ft. of roof space, depending on your roof configuration. That's a lot of free, fresh water for San Diegans to divert and help their plants thrive. In addition to diverting rain water, the rain barrels provided can store up to 50 gallons of rainwater for later use in a mosquito-proof container. Review Pick Up Procedures. See below for more details about the Ivy rain barrel, installation, and benefits.
Multiple rebates available:
- SoCal WaterSmart Rebate: Apply for $35 rebate after purchase, available for most San Diego region residents. Rebate is limited to two barrels per person. Rebate dependent on application approval. Learn more about rebate at SoCalWaterSmart.org or read our rebate FAQ. Rebates generously provided by the San Diego Water Authority. Contact SoCal WaterSmart at (888) 376-3314 for inquiries.
Unincorporated County Rebates: The County of San Diego has added an additional $30 to the above rebate (total $65 return). They also have an additional rebate per gallon saved. County rebates available to unincorporated County residents only. See County Rebate site for details.
Rain barrel sales sponsored by:
Features of the Ivy Rain Barrel
Ivy provides a new era of design innovation at an economical price. All parts are included for simple installation.
- Made in the USA using 100% recycled materials!
- 50-gallon capacity – perfect for homeowners
- Dark in color to prevent algae growth.
- Large overflow hose included to divert excess water.
- Ivy comes with two ports to easily link two or more using existing overflow hose.
- Screened inlet filters debris and protects against mosquito breeding.
- Ring pops out for easy cleaning screen.
- 3/4" HDPE ball valve easily connects to garden hose.
- Fully drains to prevent stagnant water.
- Locking child-proof lid, stable when full
- Gravity fed—no pumps required
- Easily transport two Ivy barrels in a mid-size sedan
- Dimensions 42.5"H x 22"D
Further Information from Rainwater Solutions
Benefits of Rain Barrels
Have questions about rain barrels or the purchase process? Contact us at email@example.com or (760) 436-7986 x700.
Have questions about rebates? See links in above rebate sections for assistance.