Join our award-winning organization to lead change for grassroots environmental action. Our dedicated team, through outreach and education initiatives, serves as a critical community resource for San Diego County on issues and practices surrounding soil, water, and zero waste. Solana Center is a non-profit organization and has worked with people of all ages and backgrounds to support local sustainability since 1983.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Solana Center seeks a results-oriented and creative problem-solver with proven marketing and development experience to join our team. The Marketing & Development Manager will lead Solana Center’s marketing strategy, stakeholder outreach, fundraising, and external communications. This person will build strong relationships with corporate sponsors, individual donors, volunteers, and the community using his/her outstanding organizational and communications skills. This position has direct reports, including the Community Engagement Coordinator, Communications Coordinator, Social Media Specialist, and possibly a Development Intern.
Marketing & Communications
- Develop messaging and a marketing campaign to build Solana Center brand, working with Executive Director
- Create and lead marketing of programming
- Manage and support the work of the Community Engagement and Communications Coordinator
- Proofread and edit outgoing documents, such as newsletters and proposals
- Work with staff, management team, and Board on messaging
- Create a planned growth strategy with milestones, working with Executive Director and Board
- Track all contributions – corporate, individual, and grants
- Cultivate corporate sponsorships
- Develop and implement donor/member program
- Organize giving campaigns and fundraising events
- Support grant-writing efforts
- Lead seminars with Board on fundraising
- Exceptional written and oral communicator
- Capable of strategic visioning, planning, and implementation of marketing/development initiatives
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working independently
- Experienced collaborator able to work with diverse groups including all staff, community partners, corporate donors, and volunteers
- Strong computer skills, with experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working with non-profits and environmental education
- Capable using graphics software
This position reports to the Executive Director. It is for part-time, hourly employment starting at $15/hour, according to the laws of the State of California. The position may be extended to full-time depending on performance and Solana Center's needs. Telecommuting and flexible work hours are part of our culture.
Mileage will be reimbursed at the current federal rate for work-related travel. There are no benefits for this position. Solana Center for Environmental Innovation is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter/email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org