This workshop does NOT address typical residential composting or large-scale commercial composting. It is intended for those systems that fall in between: farms, parks, community gardens, schools, businesses, etc.
In this workshop, we'll cover the following topics:
- Field experts address regulatory compliance and permitting exclusions; guest speakers Rich Flammer from Hidden Resources and Erin E. McCowen from the County of San Diego Department of Environmental Health Solid Waste Local Enforcement Agency (LEA)
- Regenerative farming; guest speaker Kevin Muno from Ecology Artisans
Learn about mid-scale regulations first-hand from our knowledgeable guest speakers:
Erin E. McCowen has been an Environmental Health and Safety Inspector with the County of San Diego LEA for 2 years, and is a composting operations specialist. Rich Flammer, founder of Hidden Resources, has eighteen years of composting management experience in seven U.S. states and Mexico, and has designed, permitted, managed, evaluated, consulted for, and/or remediated approximately seventy large-scale composting facilities for both private and public sector clients. Kevin Muno, co-founder of Ecology Artisans, holds two permaculture design certificates and brings his hands-on experience in regenerative agriculture, ecological landscaping, and systems development to the business.
Space is limited. Thanks to the County of San Diego, this event is FREE. However a REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT of $20* is required to register for this event. This deposit will be completely refunded when you sign in at the event. There will be no refunds for cancellations or after the event. Unincorporated County of San Diego residents receive preferential registration.
*If the deposit presents a financial hardship, please contact Diane Hazard at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for a scholarship.
This event is part of the Mid-Scale Composting series:
- The Composting for Farms, Schools & Community Gardens Workshop Series: Overview - Del Mar - March 24, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Field Trips - San Marcos & Escondido (1 of 2 Days) - March 31, 2018
- The Composting for Farms, Schools & Community Gardens Workshop Series: Management - Del Mar - April 14, 2018
- The Composting for Farms, Schools & Community Gardens Workshop Series: Benefits - Del Mar - April 28, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Field Trips - Encinitas (2 of 2 Days) - April 28, 2018
If you're not already familiar with composting, check out one of Solana Center's free composting workshops!
This event is sponsored by:
Thanks to our site provider:
Thanks to our guest speakers:
9928 Protea Gardens Rd
Escondido, CA 92026
|Unincorporated County of San Diego resident||$ 25.00|
|Non-Resident of Unincorporated County of San Diego (waitlist)||$ 0.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.