This workshop does NOT address typical residential composting or large-scale commercial composting. It is intended for those systems that fall in between: farms, parks, community gardens, schools, businesses, etc.
In this workshop, we'll cover the following topics:
- Site considerations
- Best management practices
- Odor, dust and rodent control
- Water/leachate management
- Review of composting systems and associated costs
The hands-on section will include:
- Pile assessment with full footprint turn and troubleshooting of 3-bin system
Space is limited. Thanks to the County of San Diego, this event is FREE. However a REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT of $20* is required to register for this event. This deposit will be completely refunded when you sign in at the event. There will be no refunds for cancellations or after the event. Unincorporated County of San Diego residents receive preferential registration.
*If the deposit presents a financial hardship, please contact Diane Hazard at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for a scholarship.
This event is part of the Mid-Scale Composting series:
- The Composting for Farms, Schools & Community Gardens Workshop Series: Overview - Del Mar - March 24, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Field Trips - San Marcos & Escondido (1 of 2 Days) - March 31, 2018
- The Composting for Farms, Schools & Community Gardens Workshop Series: Regulations - Del Mar - April 21, 2018
- The Composting for Farms, Schools & Community Gardens Workshop Series: Benefits - Del Mar - April 28, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Field Trips - Encinitas (2 of 2 Days) - April 28, 2018
If you're not already familiar with composting, check out one of Solana Center's free composting workshops!
This event is sponsored by:
Thanks to our site provider:
9928 Protea Gardens Rd
Escondido, CA 92026
|Unincorporated County of San Diego resident||$ 25.00|
|Non-Resident of Unincorporated County of San Diego (waitlist)||$ 0.00|