This workshop does NOT address typical residential composting or large-scale commercial composting. It is intended for those systems that fall in between: farms, parks, community gardens, schools, businesses, etc.
In this workshop, we'll cover the following topics:
- Overview of mid-scale composting basics, including: feedstock, compost recipes, bulk density and equipment
- Tour of Solana Center's mid-scale compost site at the Del Mar Fairground's Infield Farm
The hands-on section will include:
- Demonstration build of an aerated static pile
Space is limited. Thanks to the County of San Diego, this event is FREE. However a REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT of $20 is required to register for this event. This deposit will be completely refunded when you sign in at the event. There will be no refunds for cancellations or after the event.
This event is part of the Mid-Scale Composting series:
- Mid-Scale Composting Field Trips - San Marcos & Escondido (1 of 2 Days) - March 31, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Management - Del Mar - April 14, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Regulations - Del Mar - April 21, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Benefits - Del Mar - April 28, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Field Trips - Encinitas (2 of 2 Days) - April 28, 2018
If you're not already familiar with composting, check out one of Solana Center's free composting workshops!
This event is sponsored by:
Thanks to our site provider:
322 Via De La Valle
Solana Beach, CA 92075
|Refundable Registration Deposit - This will be refunded to you upon sign in at the event. There will be no refund if you do not attend the event.||$ 20.00|