In this 5 week course, Solana Center will cover topics such as the science of composting and regulations, provide hands-on experience building a mid-scale compost pile, and facilitate field trips to composting locations throughout San Diego County.
Sign up to help with just one class or the full five weeks! Click the 'Volunteer Now' button to select a shift.
An these workshops, you will assist with:
- Setting up our presentation area (tables, chairs, info material, etc)
- Guiding students with various compost bin builds
- Packing up our composting tools and accessories
- Week 1: Mid-Scale Composting Overview - March 24
- Week 2: Mid-Scale Composting Managment - April 14
- Week 3: Mid-Scale Composting Regulations - April 21
- Week 4: Mid-Scale Composting Benefits - April 28
- Week 5: Field Trips - No volunteer positions available yet, but stay tuned!
2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd
Del Mar, CA 92014