Nearly 40% of food produced worldwide is wasted. You have the power to help change this statistic by making small changes to your daily life and habits. If you would like to be a part of this change, join our webinar! Solana Center’s experts will walk you through some easy steps on how to prevent food waste at home and share various options for composting unavoidable food scraps to divert them from the landfill.
In this 1-hour webinar, you will learn practical solutions to reduce food waste in your home. Our speakers will share how incorporating these solutions into your daily life can be a great way to help the environment and save money!
This webinar will be held using Zoom, so please note that you will need to have the Zoom application installed on your device (computer, smartphone, or tablet) to attend and participate. You will receive the link to join upon registering
In this webinar, we will cover the following topics
- Practical and successful methods to prevent food waste in your own kitchen
- Where and how is food being wasted in the U.S. and around the world
- The social, environmental, and economic impacts of food waste
- Best options to divert unavoidable food waste (ex. coffee grounds and citrus peels)
- Various methods of composting and finding one best suited for you
Made possible through generous funding by
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.