Help Solana Center run our store and deliver our great programs to the public! The Solana Center store, open twice a week, is a chance for volunteers to get involved with our programs from our home base. Each week our store is open Thursdays from 12 PM to 5 PM and Saturdays from 9 AM - 1 PM, and we welcome you to join us in at the Center to lend a hand in our store operations. Although responsibilities may change with any needs that may arise, in this role you will:
- Assist Solana Center staff with setup and/or breakdown of staging areas for our programs:
- e-waste collection, rain barrel distribution, Food Cycle bucket exchange, and curbside pickup of composting supplies
- Direct customers to fill out appropriate forms for e-waste collection and Food Cycle bucket exchanges
- Verify order information for customers picking up composting supplies and direct them to item pickup
- Must be okay with standing for prolonged periods of time
- Comfortable talking with the public and assuming a customer service approach
- Ability to think on your feet, troubleshoot unique problems, and communicate with staff and visitors clearly
- Some familiarity with Solana Center (as an organization, and the physical layout of the Center) would go a long way towards success in this role
- Ideally, we are looking for volunteers to commit to this role regularly, as to build familiarity with the the store's operations
- 1st half from 11:30 AM - 2:45 PM
- 2nd half from 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM
- Entire shift 11:30 AM - 5:30 PM (simply sign up for both)
- All participants must sign additional COVID-19 volunteer waiver
- All unvaccinated participants must bring and wear a mask. If you are vaccinated but prefer to wear a mask, please do so.
- If you are currently or have recently have had symptoms please do not attend this event
Click on the 'Volunteer Now' button to sign up for a shift! Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
137 N El Camino Real
Encinitas, CA 92024
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.