We are so excited to finally able to safely gather together again to collectively build and harvest the compost created by the Food Cycle community compost program! Come join in the fun, get your hands dirty, and learn about the composting process. We'll be starting the composting process by mixing 75 Food Cycle buckets filled with food scraps with mulch and shredded paper.
What you need to know before signing up:
- You might get dirty - dress appropriately and closed-toe shoes!
- You will be lifting materials into the ASP bin and ideally should be comfortable lifting 25-35 pounds. If not, we have other tasks such as preparing the compost materials and washing the compost buckets.
Solana Center is closely following the state and local guidelines around masks and social distancing. Due to anticipated changes coming June 15 from the state of California, we will send volunteers any requirements around masking in advance of the event.
- All participants must sign an additional COVID-19 volunteer waiver
- The self-screening form must be completed no earlier than 24 hours within visiting the site
- All participants must bring and wear masks
- Social distancing (i.e. six feet of distance between individuals) will be maintained
- If you are currently or have recently have had symptoms please do not attend this event
It's been a whole year since we have been able to have volunteer events and we are excited to get together and share in this experience! Select the "Volunteer Now" button below to sign up! Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
137 N. El Camino Real
Encinitas, CA 92024
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.