Photo credit Nathan Minnetta
Switchfoot Bro-Am is Encinitas's annual free beach concert, surf competition, and fundraiser. There will be thousands of merry people, celebrating our wonderful city, surf, and good music. Solana Center is teaming up with the Switchfoot Bro-Am team to make sure the event leaves our beaches more beautiful than before. It is important to the band and to the City of Encinitas that this wonderful event is good for the people and good for the Earth!
This year we are launching a brand new program to make responsible disposal more fun and hopefully more educational. At this year's Bro Am, event goers will be able to redeem their recyclables for fun prizes, giving us the opportunity to help folks better understand recycling and the importance or reducing waste. Volunteers will be hugely instrumental in this process as they help run our redemption program, monitor our waste stations, and help us tabulate the event's waste stream.
While volunteers help us care for the planet they will also get to enjoy a fantastic beach event, free Switchfoot concert, and be part of a team of other amazing green-minded folks. Check out the website for more event details: Bro Am Website!
At Switchfoot Bro-Am, you will:
- Educating event goers on waste sorting
- Helping direct waste into the proper bin
- Monitoring the beaches for abandoned waste
- Tabulating the waste stream
Multiple Shifts Available:
- 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM : Set up and surf competition waste monitoring
- 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM : Surf competition and music area waste monitoring and redemption program
- 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM : Music area waste monitoring, redemption program, and waste tabulation
- 2:30 PM - 6:30 PM : Waste tabulation and beach clean up
If the shift you want is already full or you do not care which shift you work, sign up for our flexible shift which appears on the sign up list as an all day shift (5:59 AM - 6:30 PM). Volunteers that select this option will be placed where they are needed in one of the shifts above. If you have any specific timing requests or other questions feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
Click on the Volunteer Now button to sign up!
498 B st
Encinitas, CA 92024