This workshop does not address typical residential composting or large-scale commercial composting. It is intended for those mid-sized systems that fall in between, particularly farms and horse ranches.
In this workshop, we'll cover the following topics:
- Neighbor-friendly composting best management practices, scaled to farms
- Compost basics, e.g. recipe considerations, feedstocks, and bulk density
- Compost management, e.g. site considerations, odor, dust, and rodent/vector control
- What is permissible on farms without permits
- Composting/water saving benefits
- Global impacts of composting
Space is limited and unincorporated county residents have priority registration. There is a $25 fee to participate in this course. Non-residents will be charged once moved from the waitlist, and will be notified when$25 payment is due.*
Solana Center's general policy is that refunds will be provided to registrants up to 14 days prior to the start date of the course. There will be no refunds or cancellations after that date.
*If the fee presents a financial hardship, please contact Diane Hazard at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for a scholarship.*
Saturday, January 18, 2019, 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Saturday, January 25, 2019, 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Saturday, February 1, 2019, 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
If you're not already familiar with composting, check out one of our introductory composting workshops!
This event is sponsored by:
Thanks to our site provider:
9928 Protea Gardens Rd
Escondido, CA 92026
|Unincorporated County of San Diego resident||$ 25.00|
|Non-Resident of Unincorporated County of San Diego (waitlist)||$ 0.00|