Become a Master Composter!
- Minimize your carbon footprint. Keeping food and yard waste out of the landfill reduces harmful methane gas emissions.
- Use this "waste" to create a nutrient-rich amendment for your garden. Compost reduces the need for synthetic fertilizers and pesticides.
- Reduce water use and increase water retention. Compost increases your soil's water-holding capacity and improves water retention.
The Master Composter course provides training in the art and science of composting. The course includes lectures, demonstrations, and a field trip. The course covers the following topics:
- Traditional composting
- Compost bin building and troubleshooting (in teams!)
- Bugs in your compost pile
- Environmental impacts
- Much more!
Join us at Sweet Spot Farms!
Master Composter certification requires attendance at 4 out of 5 classes, as well as 30 volunteer hours of related community service.
Meet new people in this fun, hands-on course and develop your composting knowledge, all while serving your community!
Master Composter courses are held throughout the year, throughout San Diego County. Class size is limited.
Week 1 Sunday, September 22 9 AM - 12 PM
Week 2 Sunday, September 29 9 AM - 12 PM
Week 3 Sunday, October 6 9 AM - 12 PM
(No class the week of October 13)
Week 4 Sunday, October 20 9 AM - 12 PM
Week 5 Sunday, October 27 9 AM - 12 PM
Course Fee: $25*
Residents in unincorporated San Diego County will receive preferential registration. Non-residents of unincorporated San Diego County will be placed on a waitlist and apprised of space available status 1-2 weeks before the start of the course.
*If the fee presents a financial hardship, please contact Diane Hazard at email@example.com to apply for a scholarship.
This course has been made possible through generous funding from:
Thanks to our site provider:
Sweet Spot Farm
18528 Highland Valley Road
Ramona, CA 92065
|Place of residence|
|Resident of Unincorporated County of San Diego - $25|
|Non-resident of Unincorporated County of San Diego - waitlisted; $25 upon acceptance|