As a Regional Gardening Education Center, Solana Center received funding from the countywide Healthy Works program to develop a "library" of garden tools to lend to members of the community. The goal of the library is to support San Diego County residents with their garden projects at homes, schools, and community gardens.
Our library includes a variety of tools, from basic garden spades and pruning tools to a post-driver and a long-handled fruit picker. Please see below for information about borrowing procedures and for a list of the library's tools. Home, school, and community gardens are an important part of healthy, sustainable communities, and Solana Center is looking forward to supporting your efforts! Our Tool Lending Library was made possible with support from the City of Encinitas and Mizel Family Foundation Community Grant Program.
- To borrow or return tools, visit Solana Center during our office hours or by appointment.
- If borrowing for the first time, please bring your photo ID.
- We will complete the computerized checkout procedure with you and ask you to sign the Agreement and Waiver.
- Tools are due back within 7 days but may be renewed once if there are no pending requests.
- Read our Tool Lending Library Policy and Waiver.
Please contact us with any questions.